Updating web browsers is essential to maintaining your online security and ensuring you have access to the latest features. You might overlook upgrading your browser when new updates are rolling out frequently, but it’s not a complicated process.
In this blog, you will learn how to determine if an update is available for your web browser, update it, and verify the update was successful.
Table Of Content
Update Google Chrome
Updating Google Chrome to the latest version is easy and can be done manually in just a few steps.
- Open the Google Chrome Browser
- Click the three dots(⋮) in the upper-right corner of the Chrome window.
- In the drop-down menu Click “Help” and then select “About Google Chrome”
- Make sure chrome is up-to-date. If not, Click “Update Google Chrome”.
- Click the “Relaunch” button that appears after the update is finished.
- You will get the latest version of Google Chrome.
Also Visit: How To Update Your Chrome Browser
Update Microsoft Edge
The Microsoft Edge browser automatically updates whenever a new version is released. Here are the steps on how to update Microsoft Edge manually:
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Click the three dots (…) in the upper-right corner of the window screen.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- In the next window, Scroll down and click “About Microsoft Edge”
- Microsoft Edge will update automatically If an update is needed.
- After installing the update, “Restart” Microsoft Edge to apply the changes.
Also read: How to update Microsoft Edge
Update Mozilla Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox browser automatically updates when a new update is available. Mozilla Firefox can be update manual in the following ways:
- Open Mozilla Firefox Browser
- In the upper-right corner, click the three horizontal lines (☰).
- Click on “Help” in the dropdown menu.
- Click “About Firefox.”
- Firefox will update automatically. If Firefox is not updated so click the “Restart to Update Firefox” button and update it.
- When the update is complete, Restart Firefox to apply the changes.
Also visit: Update Mozilla Firefox
Update Internet Explorer
Microsoft keeps Internet Explorer up-to-date by using Windows Update. Internet Explorer will be the latest version if you keep your computer updated with Microsoft’s Windows updates.
- Open the Computer
- Press the window key and type in the search bar “Check for update” and press Enter key.
- Click on the “Check for updates” button under the Window Updates.
Note: Windows 10 uses Microsoft Edge as the default web browser, and Internet Explorer is only available for compatibility reasons. It’s recommended to use Microsoft Edge for a better browsing experience.
Update Safari on Mac
Turn on the updates if you have an Apple device. Safari browser will automatically update when a new version is released. You can update Safari manually by following these steps:
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Software Update“.
- If an update for Safari is available, select it and click “Update Now“.
- After the update is installed, restart your Mac.
Also Visit: Update the latest version of Safari on mac
Updating a web browser should be a top priority for anyone who spends time online. Updating your web browser is essential for a safe and fast online experience. By staying current with the latest updates, you can safeguard your online security and enjoy a lightning-fast browsing experience. Follow these simple steps outlined in this article and boost your browsing experience to new heights.