Bluetooth is a useful wireless technology that allows us to connect different devices and transfer data without the need for cords or cables. When your Bluetooth is not in use, it can have various adverse effects. Turning off Bluetooth when not in use is a simple way to save battery life, protect your device, and prevent interference.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to turn off Bluetooth on different devices so that you can optimize your device’s performance and security.
Table Of Content
How to Turn Off Bluetooth on iPhone?
Bluetooth can be turned off via the app Setting on your iPhone. Scroll down and tap on the “Bluetooth” option. Toggle the switch to the left to turn off Bluetooth. The controller should turn from green to gray.
Control Center allows you to disable Bluetooth. Swipe down from the top-right corner (in iOS 12 and later) or swipe up from the bottom of the screen (in earlier versions of iOS). Tap the Bluetooth icon to disconnect all non-Apple devices. The icon should turn from blue to gray.
How to Turn Off Bluetooth on Android?
One option is to Turn off the Bluetooth via the app Settings on your Android. Scroll down and tap on the Bluetooth option. In this menu, tap on the switch to turn it off. The switch should turn from blue to gray.
Another option is to turn off Bluetooth on Android devices via Status Bar. Swipe down from the top of the screen to display the Status Bar and tap the Bluetooth icon to switch it on or off. The icon should turn from blue to gray.
How to Turn Off Bluetooth on Windows?
- Click on the Start button in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Click on the Gear icon (⚙) to open Settings.
- Click on the “Devices” option.
- In the Devices menu, click the “Bluetooth & other devices” option to access the Bluetooth settings.
- You should see a toggle switch next to the Bluetooth option. Click on the switch to turn it off.
- Alternatively, you can turn off Bluetooth from the Action Center. To do this, click on the Notification bubble icon in the lower-right corner of the screen to access the Action Center. Look for the Bluetooth icon and click on it to turn it off.
How to Turn Off Bluetooth on Safari?
- Click on the Apple menu icon in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
- Select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- In the System Preferences window, click on the “Bluetooth” icon.
- Look for the “Turn Bluetooth Off” option in the lower-left corner of the window and click on it.
- A confirmation dialog box will ask if you want to turn it off.
- Click “Turn Bluetooth Off” to confirm.
- The Bluetooth icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen will disappear.